A few nights ago our youngest got up in the middle of the night with what I assume was a nightmare based on his scared cry. I went in and held him as he fell back to sleep. He pulled very close to me since he was scared and I do not know if it was my heart I was feeling in my own chest or if it was his little heart pounding cus he was afraid, either way it was a very tender moment.
It is those moments where all I do and all the I sacrifice as a parent goes by the wayside. The sleepless nights, the cold meals eaten in 5 minutes, the mountains of laundry done, the hundreds of dirty diapers changed. The missed parties and late night fun and the quiet sunday afternoons curled up with a good book. The weight gain and the stretch marks. None of it matters, all that matters is the little angel sleeping in my arms. It brings such a calm peace and I breath the moment in close my eyes and hold it close to my heart. I let time slow down and before I put him back in his bed for the night I said a little prayer. A prayer that I will remember this moment when all the other moments are flying past me in a blur as I try to get us through our crazy busy days and nights.
So tomorrow as we celebrate Ty's 4 big boy years I will be trying to save up many of these special split seconds. There will be a lot of them I am sure.....
No comments:
Post a Comment